Victoria BC's Premiere Luxury Bridal Hair & Makeup Artist

Sharon Rai Hair & Makeup Artistry provides the ultimate in luxury on-location & in-studio hair & makeup services. We offer styling for bridal, fashion, editorial, & all other special occasions. Serving all Victoria BC, Vancouver Island & Vancouver BC.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I have always been disappointed with the "Professional" hair & makeup applications I have had in the past....



"I have always been disappointed with the "professional" hair and makeup applications I have had in the past.  Long ago, I decided that I must have unrealistic expectations and came to terms with the fact that I would never have the hair or makeup "from magazines".  Before I found Sharon, I assumed that my wedding day hair would look "bridal", at best, and that a "flawless face" actually meant having thick, heavy makeup.  And then I met Sharon.
As soon as I walked into Sharon's studio for my wedding-day (hair)-preview, I was impressed.  Sharon was friendly, funny, easy to talk to, and I loved her style.  Her studio was gorgeous too! Sharon listened to everything I asked for, and confidently told me what she would change.  I left that day with great hair and a new FRIEND! 
A few days before my Wedding, I asked Sharon if she could do my makeup as well.  We didn't have time for a makeup-preview, but based on my experience at the studio a few weeks earlier, I wasn't worried. 
On the morning of my wedding, Sharon arrived on location.  She was prompt and so relaxed that I immediately felt calm.  When Sharon was finished with my hair and makeup, I couldn't believe it.  It was EXACTLY what I dreamed of.  I finally got the "magazine" hair and makeup I thought was impossible to have :-)  The makeup was natural looking and flawless, not the caked-on, "bridal" look I anticipated.  My hair was better than any of the "inspiration" photos I showed Sharon! The best part was that both my hair and the makeup lasted throughout the POURING rain during the outdoor ceremony and the photo-shoot on the water afterwards.  My Husband must have commented on my hair/makeup 100 times that day, and I am STILL getting compliments from other people.  I loved, loved, loved my hair and makeup! Sharon was worth every penny and I would recommend her to anyone that dreams of having picture-perfect hair and makeup, worthy of the magazines. :-)
I was sad when all of the wedding festivities were over, and I was day-dreaming about all the excuses for another Sharon-Rai-makeover.  My Husband loves to save money and most of my "ideas" are "a waste of money" in his opinion.  When I told him that I wanted to have a one-year-anniversary photo shoot with him next August, and to have Sharon do my hair and makeup, he actually said it was "a great idea!".  I almost fell over.  THAT was when I knew how much he loved my hair and makeup on our wedding day.  Thanks Sharon, from BOTH of us!!"  

Wedding Location:  Villa Marco Polo Inn

PS:  "My Brother got married a few weeks ago in the States and I was in the wedding.  After getting my hair done at a salon, I was trying to "fix" my hair and ended up making it worse.   I was telling my Dad how awful I thought it was, and he looked at my hair and said it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but that it "definitely isn't a Sharon-Rai hairstyle".  hahaha.  I love that he remembers your name too!."

No comments:

Post a Comment